[Foundation-l] #wikipedia

Dejan Čabrilo dcabrilo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:38:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 10:28 +0200, Guillaume Paumier wrote:
> Because Sean is one of our two IRC group contacts for Wikimedia (with
> James_F), member of Freenode staff (you know, this network you are using and
> whose rules you have accepted a long time ago).

Can we consider changing the network then, if our community and FreeNode
can't get along?

> Admin on which project ? #wikipedia is supposed to be about the global
> Wikipedia project, if you wish to find admins of a dedicated project, you
> had better join the dedicated channel (I guess your sentence was
> English-language-Wikipedia-centric, so in that case the dedicated channel is
> #wikipedia-en, just like there is #wikipedia-fr or #wikipedia-de).

Usually admins on en.wikipedia. Several people used #wikipedia to
contact me for help, as I'm an admin on sh.wikipedia, and our channel is
mostly empty. It's easier to have a centralized place where people can
both direct you and help you.

> Because someone had to do it. Sean was only bold enough to dare doing it.

I am bold enough to go and reconstruct AfD on en.wikipedia. But I don't
think changing the rules and desysoping all the admins that took part in
it would be a way to go.

> Sean, I think you should make it publicly clear what the problems were, so
> that people really understand why your action was needed.

So, Sean should tell us why the channel we were in had problems?

Dejan Čabrilo