[Foundation-l] Future Board election procedures and guidelines

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 06:22:44 UTC 2007

Hoi,
You can choose not to pay for the work done in the role of board member, you
can pay for the work done as personnel.

Where you state that it is a given that you cannot pay a board member, you
forget that it is typically a matter of how the by laws are phrased. It is
very often a matter of custom not of law. Also when you consider the big
salaries paid to directors of not for profits, the argument that these
organisations are largely there to pay these salaries have some merit.

Thanks,
     GerardM