[Foundation-l] Design goals for the election and board selection process

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Jul 18 20:42:07 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Although getting a developer with shell access to register accounts
> > globally would work, I don't think many would be willing. Even if this
> > service was strictly limited to stewards, that would include 30 users.
> >
> It's certainly an easier script to write than full blown single
> username unification, or whatever the heck it's called (I'm not
> looking it up).  It wouldn't even have to be strictly limited to
> stewards.  The only part I'm taking issue with is "there are some
> cases where accounts will need to be renamed".

Clarifying, I wouldn't have any problem with a script which went
through and, for each username, chose a "winner" through some
reasonable algorithm (e.g. highest number of recent edits) and then
created an account with the same username, email, and password on
every wiki where that username didn't already exist.  That seems to be
roughly equal to stage 1 of the current single username unification
(TM) scheme.