[Foundation-l] Future Board election procedures and guidelines

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:40:13 UTC 2007

My opinion on the issue:

I agree that there are some organizations and some circumstances under
which there are valid organizational conflict of interest issues which
make it a good idea to keep ex-employees off the board for some period
of time.

I don't believe that a good case has been made that the Wikimedia
Foundation is one of those organizations.  I oppose imposing such a
ban at this time.

I am willing to be convinced otherwise, and this is a good discussion
to have.  I would like to know if there is anyone who wasn't opposed
to Brad's run this time who feel that the rule is necessary.  A wider
grass-roots interest in such a ban would be more convincing, to me,
than interest which is hard to separate from the opposition to the
particular person.

Thanks.

--
-george william herbert