[Foundation-l] Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:52:59 UTC 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 8:31 PM, Ray Saintonge wrote:

>     I agree too that  there should be a limit on the number of
> endorsements.  The 12 minimum is fine, but the unlimited maximum
> created
> a kind of pre-vote situation that could be used in advance to show how
> much support a particular candidate might receive

While I definitely agree with you on this, it should be noted that
the results did not directly reflect the number of endorsements, not
in place (i.e. the highest numbers of endorsements did not
necessarily equate to the winning of a seat), and not in position
(i.e., there were appx. 50 votes difference between several of the
places who had significantly differing numbers of endorsements.

-Dan