[Foundation-l] Travel policy

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Jul 11 18:30:33 UTC 2007

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> We are not other boards. Our scope is not limited to a city, state, or
> even national level.  No-one is suggesting compensation for lost work
> time.  Some volunteers do have extraordinary expenses that need to be
> compensated in exchange for accepting greater responsibilities.

True, but this applies to people other than Wikimedia Foundation
Officers.  For example, several Wikipedians have incurred considerable
personal expense traveling to archives, purchasing research materials
and access, etc., in order to improve our articles, and AFAIK there's
been no proposal to reimburse them.

-Mark