[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Jul 10 18:27:52 UTC 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 9:53 AM, GerardM wrote:
> I think Russia is a tad bigger then France.

That's right.  But Russia is not in the EU, and I was talking about
the EU. :)

However, you are probably making a broader point which is valid.  In
at least some other large countries it may make more sense to have
regional chapters rather than national.    This probably has to be
resolved on a case-by-case basis depending on the distribution of
Wikipedians, the distances between major cities, total size of the
community, etc.

--Jimbo