[Foundation-l] (no subject)

Jan-Bart de Vreede wiki at devreede.net
Mon Jul 9 17:01:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

This is too important for me to keep out of. I work for a Dutch public
organisation as you might know. If I have to work or travel at a time
when I would normally be able to take care of my children (which would
be every friday as I have a four day workweek) I can get these costs
reimbursed if need be (this actually hasn't happened more than once in 5
years I think, as I can usually solve this). This is only reasonable in
my opinion.

It would be a shame if a modern organisation like the WMF were to fall
back on standard practices which would effectively limit the capacity of
people to be a part of the board. I think that the elections should
determine who goes on the board, not the financial limits of the candidates

Jan-Bart de Vreede

PS: Although these views are my personal views and not those of the
Board of Trustees in this mail I am pretty sure that 100% of the board
agrees with this, how is that for a disclaimer ;)