[Foundation-l] Travel Policy

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 14:45:39 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:
> On 7/9/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Full reading of the policy indicates that report and clarification
>> should normally be asked either from the ED or from the chair.
>>
> But, there is no ED, and there isn't even a search for an ED - which
> raises another question: Now that the search for an ED has been
> suspended, is there going to be an update to the Whistleblower policy
> which names the ED as a point of contact for complaints?

It would be a very bad idea to cite a name in a policy ! This is not
sustainable in the long run.

No, I think the right change to make to the policy is to add to the
mention of the chair and of the ED, the possibility to contact the audit
committee as well.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Audit_Committee_Jan07

Is the last resolution on the subject.
I added Sue to this committee last week (as allowed by the audit charter
(http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Audit_Charter_2)

Next step is to make the existence of that committee more obvious on the
website, as well as provide it with a direct email address.

I have not done it yet, because I have a phone call planned with the
auditors on wenesday and I want to check with them some details about
the procedure.

Ant