[Foundation-l] Will the Board accept the election result?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 21:46:20 UTC 2007

> In the UK we have laws about what can be said during an election period
> regarding candidates

We do? There are laws about what the media can say, there are laws
about libel and slander, but laws preventing regular people stating
their opinions? I've certainly never heard of such a thing, and I
would be very surprised if it exists ("freedom of speech" mean
anything to you?).

Why shouldn't people be allowed full possession of the facts when they
vote? Those facts include people's opinions.