[Foundation-l] for the future...

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:59:27 UTC 2007

Rock the Vote was aimed specifically at a younger demographic due to
our chronic apathy and low voter turnout when compared to the
influence we could have on politics if we all tried.

Given that turnout, %age-wise, for en.wp is still much lower than for
most other major Wikis, I don't see any problems here.

Mark

On 05/07/07, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Gabe Johnson <gjzilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, but nothing is wrong about, nor is it forbidden, to try to
> > increase voter turnout. I see nothing worse about this than, for
> > example, [[Rock the Vote]]. ~~~~
>
> There *is* something wrong with 'increasing voter turnout' from a
> specific portion of the electorate, but not for others. For example,
> artificially increased turnout from en-Wikipedia means less
> representation of other projects and wikis. This should be done
> globally or not at all, and by mailing list or opt-in rather than with
> notification spam.
>
> Yours cordially,
> Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.