[Foundation-l] spamming of the english wikipedia users detected

\Mike mike_wikipedia at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 19:23:59 UTC 2007

--- Bryan Tong Minh <bryan.tongminh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 7/3/07, Peter van Londen <londenp at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I am sorry, but your actions are misplaced.
> It is trying to influence voters
> > selectively.
> >
> Hmm. Could you explain that? I believe Gmaxwell
> has only asked
> eligible users to vote indiscriminately and not
> selected them by
> preference and neither expressed his opinion on
> whom to vote for. It's
> just a call to vote.
>
> Cheers,
> Bryan

Depends on whether one consider active
encouragement to a given subset of the eligible
voters to introduce bias.... But OTOH, as that's
common practice in "real" elections, I wonder how
one could argue that it would eschew the results
too badly to be useful, without raising the same
concerns about RL elections...
*smiles wryly*

\Mike(z)