[Foundation-l] Sigh, problems with non-Latin usernames again

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 19:20:02 UTC 2007

--- Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I disagree utterly with your pov.

Yes, you've told me that already. Has it really not occurred to you that the
English language Wikipedia should treat the English language differently to
other languages? And that when it does so, it's not wrongful discrimination?

> Do try and suggest to ban white people.

Why would I want to do that? Why are you encouraging the banning of people
based on their skin colour?

> The organisation of Wikimania 2005 and 2006 would have been so
> much easier; every body could have been meetings in a pub on a Friday
> night. I would even suggest that there would not have been much of a
> Wikipedia without white people.

What are you going on about? Please attempt to be coherent.

> You have correctly indicated three areas
> where we could do better; language, race and gender.

Again, you are indulging yourself in melodrama. Please stop, not least because
you are trivialising genuine issues of wrongful discrimination. "A black veil
darkens what used to be a more bright promise of a world"? I believe the phrase
starts with "get" and ends with "a grip".

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com