[Foundation-l] Sigh, problems with non-Latin usernames again

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 18:50:12 UTC 2007

--- Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> If "common sense" means that discrimination is permitted than I do
> agree. When discrimination is permitted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a
> black veil darkens what used to be a more bright promise of a world.

Sheesh, let's cut back on the melodrama a notch, eh? I'm not suggesting banning
white people. I'm not demanding that female users must identify themselves by
writing in a pink font. What I am saying is that editors who enter into
non-trivial interactions on the English Wikipedia should be obliged to have a
handle that can be grokked by speakers of the English language.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com