[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Welcome to the advisory group

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 11:54:03 UTC 2007

Cormac Lawler schreef:
> On 1/29/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ray Saintonge schreef:

>>> He was at Wikimania in Frankfort.
>>>
>>> Ec
>>>
>> Hoi,
>> So were you and I, so was Richard Stallman if that is what makes you
>> notable ...
>> Thanks,
>>     GerardM
>>

> Sunir Shah is the (co)founder of Meatball Wiki:
> <http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?MeatballWiki> ;
> <http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?SunirShah>. You can find his
> Wikimania 2005 presentation details at:
> <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2005_Presentations#Other_Talks>.
> I agree with Jussi-Ville that he could be of great service to the
> advisory group.
>
> Cormac
Hoi,
I have again looked at the website, it gives me a chaotic impression. I
have looked at the presentation it is OK, however I am sure that we have
people of an equal calibre in our own ranks. My idea of an advisory
board is that they have to bring something extra, something fresh. I
fail to see what the extra is. To be blunt, to me is seems like a "blast
from the past" while we need to see into a future and reach out.
Thanks,
    GerardM