[Foundation-l] WikiGadugi Wikipedia Rating???

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 01:16:20 UTC 2007

On 1/22/07, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
> Under the GFDL you give consent to relicense your changes. This means
> whomever is the last editor of an article is the "Author", not the
> whole chain of editors to that point since subsequent editors are simply
> relicening your content when they add their own edits. By editing and
> saving the article, the final editor is the author in this sense.

Please re-read the GFDL:
4.

B List on the Title Page, as authors, one or more persons or entities
responsible for authorship of the modifications in the Modified
Version, together with at least five of the principal authors of the
Document (all of its principal authors, if it has fewer than five),
unless they release you from this requirement.

I do not release you from this requirement.

> The GFDL and Wikipedia's posted policies state that Wikipedia must be
> given attrbution to comply with the GFDL.

That isn't the case. see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights#Reusers.27_rights_and_obligations

>Your website is then listed
> in the "Mirrors and Forks" as a BAD WEBSITE if you do not.

There are a number of ways of following the GFDL. Which one you chose
it up to you. IF you think you can't mention wikipedia to give credit
then you must give credit localy.

> Wikipedia
> cannot give consent to use "Wikipedia" since it does not own the
> trademark, the foundation does.

I would be rather impressed if the foundation managed to win a legal
case against someone  useing thier name to say where the text was
taken from.

--
geni