[Foundation-l] EBNF of Wikitext

Łukasz Garczewski lgarczewski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 00:59:09 UTC 2007

On 1/22/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> What the f* is an EBNF .. It does not help that you URL is wrong. Being
> clever (ahum) I found Extended Backus–Naur form.. A question, do you
> really think that an average Wiki editor will NOT get hopelessly
> confused and get it hopelessly wrong as well?
>
> Personally I find it horribly ugly as well

Virgil did not even hint at the fact that this is to be used by
editors. You assumed that and it's most probably a wrong assumption.

Maybe it's for developers? Maybe it's for research and comparison with
other similar markups? Maybe it's just for the fun of it?

Personally, I'm intrigued. Virgil, could you elaborate on the purpose
of this project? In what ways can it help us (and who exactly is the
'us' in this case :))?

--
Łukasz 'TOR' Garczewski