[Foundation-l] WikiGadugi Wikipedia Rating???

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 21:34:02 UTC 2007

On 1/21/07, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
> Pardon me folks, but if someone feels we are not in compliance with the
> GFDL, can please someone point out where this is the case?   All of our
> content
> is GFDL compliant and we do not offer any license other than the GFDL
> and post the GFDL to our site.
>
> I am happy to address and correct any issues with use of the Foundations
> content if anyone feels it is not adequately spelled out as GFDL.
>
> Jeff

It isn't the foundation's content. Lets look at an example shall we:

http://en.wikigadugi.org/wiki/Rolle_Canal

First there is no direct link to a copy of the GFDL that I can find
which is less than ideal

Now you list 3 authors in the history tab :
Mervyn
geni
Rosser1954

Problem is that list isn't complete list of the authors or even 5 major authors.

If we look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rolle_Canal&action=history

There are more than three authors

Now you could either fix this by hosting the full history of the
article localy or linking to the wikipedia history. Your choice.

Now we move onto the images:

Image:Rolle canal lock.JPG

You have correctly stated that the work is under the GFDL but have
failed to credit the author (in this case geni).

It gets even worse if we look at other images such as:

Image:Wilts and Berks Canal link to Thames.JPG

which fails to mention the GFDL or the author.

So in short you need to fix your author crediting and links to the GFDL

--
geni