[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 00:06:56 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When it is painful that things are not available in Wikipedia because we
do not allow for fair use, it will stimulate the debate about the way
copyright is an offence to bringing information and science to the
people. By using fair use pictures you allow the status quo to maintain
it self. The dearth of material about certain subjects makes them even
less relevant. For the parties like the RIAA it is important to realise
that without the availability of material like this, many of their
artists will only be forgotten that much quicker. Not that they are
likely to care because there is always the next boy band or girlie group
to hype.
Thanks,
    GerardM