[Foundation-l] P2 - PEERPEDIA

"Thomas Müller" thomasasta at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 06:17:59 UTC 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:25:36 -0600
Von: David Strauss <david at fourkitchens.com>

> You probably shouldn't have told everyone on this mailing list not to
> buy peerpedia.net. Someone registered it, and it's active now.
>
> http://peerpedia.net/
>
> The registration was today, so it might take 48 hours or so until it's
> active Internet-wide.
>
> It's a private registration:
> http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=peerpedia.net&prog_id=godaddy

peerpedia.net is forwaded to this

http://wikiseek.com/results.php?q=really+stupid+idea

So you know who, you know the battle now
and you know the view on wikifoundation open source intention.

I posted the idea here on the list to index wikipedia plus external wiki-web-urls and it was my idea for this domain.

I wrote in a mail, that google is reading here as well and that we need not only open code and open database, but as well an open strategy to enter the market.

But that´s building the comunity: Monopolistic strategies never can stop community movement.

So we know, wikiseek is evel, as google and advertisements are behind it,

We do not need the name PEERPEDIA to get more yacy peers for the wikimediafoundation to have a really open search project.

Stay tuned and just set up one yacy node more....

Besides that the foundation can claim to get this domain back, as the mail has documentated the indetest. This is a question for the foundation to get the KK-Change.