[Foundation-l] Audit update

Florence Devouard anthere at anthere.org
Wed Jan 17 07:40:51 UTC 2007

Hello,

During the board meeting in Rotterdam, it was decided that the audit
committee for the coming year would be made of
* Michael (treasurer)
* Oscar
* Dedalus
* myself (ex officio)

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Audit_Committee_Jan07

We will be working on an audit committee charter. The committee is
directed to take all steps necessary to prepare quarterly or semi-annual
reviews (next review is early february), and the next financial year
external audit. The committee will also work to help implementation of
some of the suggestions made by the audit firm in november 2006.

You'll notice that one of the audit committee members is Dedalus, who
contacted us last november when we published the audited financial
statement, and identified himself as an auditor. We met him last week in
Rotterdam. I am very happy we'll receive help from a professional, who
also happens to be a wikipedian.

Thank you

Florence Devouard
Chair of WMF