[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

rfrangi at libero.it rfrangi at libero.it
Sun Jan 14 23:27:12 UTC 2007

> David Strauss wrote:

> The biggest error I see here is that people are trying to limit language
> versions of Wikipedia so that they comply with the laws of the country
> where the language is primarily spoken. But that's fruitless. The
> Italian Wikipedia (hosted in Florida) isn't under Italian law just
> because it's in Italian. Nor are Italian citizens liable for something
> on the Italian Wikipedia just because the page is in Italian.

I'm well aware of this. That's why basically I asked that WMF states clearly which kind of contents are allowed on Wikimedia projects. This should be uniform on all projects and should not be left to decision of the various communities.

And if NC's won't be allowed on the basis that everyone should be able to reuse commercially the content "as is", I'm telling you that this have to be true everywhere. And if this has to be true for everyone, everywere, fair use poses the same kind of problems as NC's.

Roberto (Snowdog)