[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

senpai wikisenpai at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 11:38:26 UTC 2007

May be they cant' be so much thing in other country... but they can be in
italy. I don't know if u know well or not the basics rules of procedural
penal "civil law" system. In genral... if an italian people upload some
images (like the one that u have take for the example) on commons, and that
images must have an authorization, is not important if the commons servers
are in florida or in italy or in another country, the italian people is
under the italian penal law. Idem if an american people upload that images
on commons and an italian people use this images.... U can't upload somthing
with "PD" or CC-by (for example), on commons if not in all states u can use
that materials. Commons, for that reason, had deleted all images that was
tagged with "PD-Italy"... than... wich is the difference ?

For other thing... i qoute Snowdog, if u want a free wikipedia, REALLY
free... ok  u have to abandon the fair use, and we will abandon all not free
images.

"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your
eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?" Matthew 7:4

Senpai