[Foundation-l] NEH grant

teun spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 21:11:04 UTC 2007

I woul consider integration of wikimedia projects with geographical
information a major asset.

When I go to flickr.com, I can go add my photos to the map and see
what other pix have ben taken in the neighbourhood. To have a similar
facility would enable commons to become a major player along with
flickr.com.
Also the integration with the wikipedias could enable visitors to see
what has ben written about subjects in the neighbourhooud. We would
become a major travellingguide, and more than that. Ithink we would
become a major researchtool. Wikiversity would have a possibly to see
what other researches have been carried out in, for example, the same
nature reserve.