[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

luke brandt shojokid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 08:29:47 UTC 2007

Zuir DJ wrote:
> On 1/11/07, senpai <wikisenpai at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is the situation, we don't want to remove all the images that are into
>> the databases becous often a picture is essenctial to understand or to
>> describe a particular concept.
>
> iustum enim est bellum quibus necessarium, et pia arma ubi nulla in
> armis spes est?
>
> Not my vision of Wikimedia projects

I've never quite understood the idea that re-users should be 'free' to
levy a charge for something when the author wishes to make it 'freely'
available. Surely making something 'free' to everyone is the greater
freedom than the freedom to allow a charge to be made? And don't those
who may make such a charge unfairly benefit if they make a profit? Or is
it only freedom to cover costs that we mean - luke