[Foundation-l] On hard-to-read usernames

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 7 04:58:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 04:47:48PM +0100, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> How the metrics are to be created is something that has not been discussed
> at all. It is clever that you already know that it will be possible to game
> it.

David Gerard already mentioned gaming of metrics on en.wikipedia, which is a big problem.

However, simply consider:
	Slashdot.
Which has long since succumbed to the eternal september (R.I.P.)

Kuro5hin was deliberately designed with less (gamable) metrics and thus lasted a while longer.
One of our coolest editors -Ta Bu Shi Da Yu- is a sort of Kuro5hin refugee. (Don't tell him I said
that :-P)

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72