[Foundation-l] Awards show hate us

Nicholas Moreau nicholasmoreau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 20:22:28 UTC 2007

We may be the 9th most viewed site in the US.

We may be the second Google result for about 90% of their winners.

But the Academy Awards, SAG Awards, and Golden Globes all rejected us from
their red carpets. Getting free photos of A-list celebrities is not as easy
as it should be.

In the forms, I honestly stated that we had a Rolling Stone photographer on
the docket to take pics, who incidentally was fine with working for us for
free.

Either that means Rolling Stone isn't as legendary a publication as it makes
itself out to be, or they don't trust us, or they don't want free content
images released, as that would peave off the WireImages of the world.

Just so everyone knows,
Nick

PS : Any British photographers on this list? I'm going to be trying for some
of those award shows soon.