[Foundation-l] Donation of DVDs to Wikimedia Foundation Projects

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Jan 2 18:33:38 UTC 2007

On 1/2/07, Robert Scott Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:
> And as far as crawlers are concerned, who said anything about "major
> crawlers" here?

I didn't think crawlers other than the major ones were causing files
to be downloaded thousands of times.  I could very well be wrong.

> Problems from idiots who write their own crawlers
> without thinking, and crazies who try to mirror Wikimedia projects the
> hard way can cause enough problems.

Is there an easy way to mirror Wikimedia projects?  Last I checked
downloading the images required using a crawler of some type, but this
was a long time ago.

> Besides, are you sure the Internet
> Archive doesn't download gigabyte sized files right now?

No, but that would only be one download, not 1000.