[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] mwdumper does not work

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Feb 27 17:22:45 UTC 2007

Hi Rob,

I completed running mwdumper with the following command last night.  It
took several hours to complete.   I aborted the previous
importDump.php in order to run this test for you.  The wiki they were
run against was en.wikigadugi.org.  The database name is
endb.

[root at gadugi archive]#
[root at gadugi archive]#
[root at gadugi archive]#
[root at gadugi archive]#
[root at gadugi archive]# java -jar mwdumper.jar --format=sql:1.5
/wikidump/dump/enwiki-GFDL-20070206-pages-articles.xml | mysql -u root
-p endb
Enter password:
[root at gadugi archive]#
[root at gadugi archive]#
[root at gadugi archive]#
[root at gadugi archive]#

The mwdumper ran to completion through almost 4 million articles then
exited.  I then applied the command you had specified.  Same result,
mwdumper does not work as was previously reported on other blogs.  I am
running Fedora Core 5 on wikigadugi.  Configuration has already
been provided in previous posts.  Here is the output from applying the
UPDATE command via mysql.

[root at gadugi /]#
[root at gadugi /]# mysql -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 30734 to server version: 5.0.18

mysql> use endb

Database changed
mysql> UPDATE page SET page_touched = 20070226080700
    -> ;
Query OK, 61932 rows affected (2.72 sec)
Rows matched: 61932  Changed: 61932  Warnings: 0

mysql>
mysql>
mysql>

The server is at http://en.wikigadugi.org and as you can see if you
visit the site, mwdumper fails to update any of the articles to the
database (other than filling the mysql Innodb file with a lot of wasted
space).

:-)

Jeff