[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies (some important points)

Conrad Dunkerson conrad.dunkerson at att.net
Fri Feb 9 00:48:07 UTC 2007

Kat, would you PLEASE put something like your comments below into a nice
neat package specifically clarifying that you were not seeking to spell
out detailed new 'rules' on fair use... because the usual suspects are now
'interpreting' your original statement to mean anything from '90% of all
fair use must be deleted immediately and without discussion' to 'any
reasonable fair use rationale is now valid for all of Wikimedia'. With
resulting deletion purges, cries of 'admin abuse', et cetera breaking out
as the 'jihadists' on all sides arm themselves with this latest excuse to
treat each other badly.