[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies

Piero pierogra at libero.it
Thu Feb 8 12:16:30 UTC 2007

Waiting for the official resolution, I still do not understand why an
image under fair use should be used in en.wiki (and probably only in
en.wiki) and an image with permission and non-commercial should not be
used on a project where the fair use is "de facto" illegal.
Assuming that both images with permission and fair use images have to be
limited *only* for uses that request necessarily an image and when no
free images are available.
I do not think that even a strong fair use image may be re-used for
commercial purposes.
Moreover considering that images with permission are checked to assure
that they are used only for allowed case (through OTRS), and fair use
images are not.

piero tasso
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:P_tasso