[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies

Claudio Mastroianni gattonero at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:07:21 UTC 2007

Il giorno 08/feb/07, alle ore 10:05, Mark Wagner ha scritto:

> Nothing will change for en.wiki?  Hardly.  If I'm reading this
> correctly, most of the images used under a claim of "fair use" are no
> longer allowed

No, uncorrect. Foundation said that fair use images *should* not be
used.
The term is important, compared to "need to phased out" used with
images with permission.
You - en.wiki - as far as I've understood, have the right to choose
if allow or not fair use images on your projects.
Guess what are you going to choose? :D

Gatto Nero