[Foundation-l] Moderation and this list

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Dec 24 03:10:40 UTC 2007

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Or we could introduce a limit of 20 messages per person and month.
> That would force everyone to pick their fights (which is always a
> good advice, but rarely enforced), instead of allowing the list to
> degrade into a chat forum.  Being able to post 20 messages a month
> is not censorship.

Although it's not enforceable as an official limit, I tend to think it's
a good idea to limit one's mailing list postings to no more than the
number of significant contributions to a Wikimedia project, where a
"contribution" is something like writing one good paragraph of a
Wikipedia article, uploading an image to Commons, etc. Just posted five
messages to foundation-l? Time to find five useful non-meta things to do
to make up for it!

-Mark