[Foundation-l] [Announcement] board expansion

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 11:57:03 UTC 2007

On 12/22/07, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> Dear community
>
> The board recently passed a resolution, which you will find below
>
> In the aftermath of the resignation of Michael Davis (effective october
> 31th, 2007) and Erik Moëller (effective december 15th, 2007), the board
> confirms its will to replace the two former board members, as well as
> its committment to expand the number of members on the board of
> directors at the earliest convenience, up to a number of 11 members
> maximum. Due to its commitment to involve members from the community, at
> least half of the new members will be appointed for a term ending at the
> next board elections, in june 2008.

I just did a double-take; re-reading what aphaia wrote below...

Surely, but surely, it cannot be that the idea is to have a final outcome
that a minority of the seats will be those elected from the community.

I really, really hope that "commitment to involve members from the community"
is not language which is just a nice way of saying community will be given a
minority stake in the board, with the majority being decided by a view on other
kinds of considerations.

Please do clarify as soon as possible.