[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Citizendium-l] License announced: CC-by-sa

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 21 20:27:45 UTC 2007

> Here's to free content and free culture! *champagne*

This is indeed excellent news. :-) Congratulations to Citizendium --
it's not a project I personally want to participate in, but if we can
share results, everyone benefits.

CC-BY and CC-BY-SA are becoming the default for free culture
communities. The dominance of two licensing systems -- like GPL and
BSD in the world of software -- will enable frictionless collaboration
that hasn't been possible to date. Hopefully Wikimedia will also be
comfortable adopting CC-BY-SA soon.

Best,
Erik