[Foundation-l] Discussions...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:00:25 UTC 2007

On 16/12/2007, Nathan Awrich <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we can just ask Thomas Dalton to state clearly what he is trying
> to find out, and perhaps what finding that out will achieve for him or
> the Foundation?

To be honest, I've pretty much had enough of the discussion too. I
agree it's not going anywhere and isn't likely to serve much purpose.
For that reason, I am unlikely to send many (if any) more emails on
the subject, and may stop reading the threads. However, I have no
intention of ever trying to stop other people discussing it.

The best way to stop a discussion is to simply stop discussing it. The
number of people involved will drop and, especially in discussions of
this type, you'll end up with only one side of the argument still
arguing, and they have no choice but to stop since no-one is replying
any more. By trying to force people to stop discussing something, you
just make them all the more determined to keep doing so.