[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion on Personnel Matters

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 01:16:28 UTC 2007

Nothing could have hurt her future more than what was actually done.
The board was undoubtedly thinking also of what would hurt the WMF
least; that is certainly appropriate. But it chose wrong with respect
to both. It would have been much better had the publicity not come
from hostile parties.

Yes, the board must have the discretion to choose the appropriate
course, and in this instance it chose wrongly.  It takes good
judgement to know how much to release, and the judgment proved not to
be good.  The bias towards secrecy would be the apparent reason.

On 12/14/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ...once we start dealing with personnel issues, it involves people
> lives and future. We can not treat that lightly.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.