[Foundation-l] GFDL/CC announcement?

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 18:24:13 UTC 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 11:52 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is interesting.  I, for one, have explicitly rejected the
> creative commons cc-by-sa licensing terms.

Without getting intensely legalistic (and my father was a corporate attorney
who did contracts for 40 years, so I know where that goes...), the old /
current GFDL and CC-BY-SA are generally felt to be in close accord in terms
of practial effect and legal restrictions on reuse.

As I have asked in other threads, what in particular about CC-BY-SA do you
find offensive?

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com