[Foundation-l] Alternatives to Cafepress

James Redmond jim at scrubnugget.com
Fri Aug 31 05:05:15 UTC 2007

On Aug 28, 2007, at 1:05 AM, Sage Ross wrote:

> Perhaps we could arrange a Wikimedia "Loves Threadless" competition to
> generate some more T-shirt designs worth buying.

/me arrives late to the party

This is a WONDERFUL idea, IMHO.  Not only does Threadless have a
dedicated and talented community of artists, but they'd also handle
the "storefront" part.

The American Red Cross did a "loves Threadless" competition in April
2006 in honor of their 125th anniversary.  Three winning designs were
selected from hundreds of entries, and for each shirt sold with a
winning design, Threadless donated $5.  (I am not certain how much
Threadless eventually donated.)
<http://www.threadless.com/loves/redcross>

As far as I'm concerned, this avenue is worth exploring.

Jim Redmond
[[m:User:Jredmond]]