[Foundation-l] wikipedia, metawiki, wiktionnaire restricted from China AGAIN?

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 02:34:17 UTC 2007

In the last few days, I've found that many people's DNS from China
resolves to the Tampa servers (which are blocked) rather than the
Seoul servers (which are
unblocked). This may explain the problem below.

It's not clear whether this is a concerted effort to reintroduce
blocking, or whether it's simply because the ephemeral IP addresses
that ISPs are handing out are in an "unknown" block and does trigger a
DNS address for Seoul. Trying to find some more datapoints.

-Andrew