[Foundation-l] [Wikinews-l] Proposal for the creation of a Wikinews foundation

Craig Spurrier craig at craigweb.net
Wed Aug 22 00:42:10 UTC 2007

Freedom of press is of course the biggest one. The US also has a
copyright system, which far from ideal is decent and well tested. The US
also has relatively easy rules for establishing a non profit (beyond
establishment it can get complicated but is very well documented and
there is no shortage of experts). The US also has very reporter friendly
fair use and libel laws. The other big benifit to establishing it in the
US is we have a vast pool of resources that we can draw on from the WM
foundation who are already familiar with US law.
-Craig Spurrier
[[n:Craig Spurrier]]