[Foundation-l] could we please have a community-l?

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:01:31 UTC 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 12:55 PM, Gianluigi Gamba wrote:

> 2007/8/10, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:
>>
>> ...It seems that unless we can well-specify what the topics of
>> each list
>> would be, it would be an arbitrary split which would mean that
>> interested people would be subscribed to both lists, anyway.
>

> Please, let's be careful not to create too many communications
> channels to
> be watched.
> The idea of a new list doesn't turn me on that much. But if it's
> considered
> useful, ok.
>
> G.
>
> "too much information running through my brain
> too much information driving me insane"
> (the Police, 1981)

I agree with Gianluigi. I think the idea of a community-l list is
probably a good thing, but for the life of me I can't think of a good
definition of what should be on that list, other than "community
related things that don't directly refer to the foundation, so
shouldn't be on foundation-l." and I am rather uncomfortable with the
idea of a list so generally defined, for the sake of having a list.
But if someone can come up with a good definition for it I'd be all
for it.

-dan