[Foundation-l] New project - wikicracy

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:47:36 UTC 2007

When Jimmy was talking something about politics.wikia, I was thinking
that it was a platform for something like this idea. And I was
disappointed when I realized that it is just a one more Wikipedia fork
one more specific field (political parties).

I think that this is a good idea (of course, not for WM) if it has
connections with a "real world". MediaWiki (wiki in general, but
MediaWiki especially) is a good platform for articulating political
thoughts of communities (from small to huge; I am sure that with some
software improvements countries/states with around 20 millions of
inhabitants may work together on one MediaWiki).

So, my suggestions are:

- Buy domain wikicracy.org (or something which you like); it is
something like $10/year; try with godaddy.com, for example.
- Ask Wikia (http://www.wikia.com/) for hosting.
- Build a theoretical model.
- Find real communities (for example, some municipalities) which are
willing to switch to MW in their decision-making process.

When you make some initial steps (everything is quite easy except to
find some communities, so, let's say, when you have active contacts
with at leas one community which is willing to switch to MW) -- I am
willing to join you and to help. (I have a lot of ideas related to
this issue.)