[Foundation-l] Future fate of Siberian Wikipedia

Johannes Rohr jorohr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:54:50 UTC 2007

"Thomas Dalton"
<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> writes:

>> It is loosely based on historical contemporary Russian
>> dialects of Northern Russia and Siberia.
>
> "historical contemporary"? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Should have been "historical *and* contemporary".

Verbose: Russian dialects of Western Siberia which are, as far as I
know, mostly extinct, and the dialect of the Pomors which I understand
is still preserved in some remote places of Arkhangelsk region and
maybe neighbouring provinces in North-Western Russia.

Thanks,

Johannes
--
http://www.infoe.de/