[Foundation-l] Proposal: LiteratePrograms.org as Wikimedia Project

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 03:13:16 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The structure of LP is fundamentally different from any existing
> Wikimedia project. Yet, it is an educational project with great value.
> LP currently uses the MIT/X11 license, which is similar to CC-BY, but
> more suitable for source code; I believe this makes sense as these
> snippets are typically so small that they should not be encumbered
> further with copyleft.

The structure is different, but I could see it fitting in nicely with
Wikisource for example. But surely their licencing regime would be a
big problem for integration with Wikimedia? It would mean that we
wouldn't be able to mix content from that project into others.

Perhaps it would be better if we just steal that extention of theirs
and use it for our own purposes :)

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com