[Foundation-l] Mission & Vision statement updated

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 23:56:18 UTC 2007

On 4/26/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 4/25/07, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/25/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > > The Mission and Vision statement of WMF have been officially updated
> > > after the recent community discussions:
> > Not to be querulous, but which specific community discussions are you
> > referring to? I must not have gotten the memo...
>
> In addition to the Board retreat discussions in Frankfurt which
> included chapter representatives, there have been three calls on this
> mailing list:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-November/024907.html
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-December/025459.html
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-January/026662.html

One of those contained the following text:

"The idea is that, after a discussion and editing period of at least
two weeks, the Board will choose a version of the M&V statements.
These versions will then be put forward to the community, for a simple
"up" or "down" vote. If a statement reaches at least a two thirds
majority of support, it will be implemented as such. If it only
reaches a simple majority, further discussion and potential revision
may follow, at the Board's discretion. A statement that does not reach
a majority will not become an official statement of the WMF. The usual
voting restrictions will apply (minimum participation period etc.) and
will be announced together with the vote."

Where was that lost?