[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

Casey Brown cbrown1023 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 22:09:58 UTC 2007

For those who do not know,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Office_Actions.

This policy has been mislabeled "Wikimedia-wide" official policy until last
evening (EST) when Anthere and I (Cbrown1023) cleaned up the page and
brought it up to date.  Currently, it is just "Wikimedia" official policy.
There is no doubt by any that the Office cannot do anything it wants
(basically what this policy states) but the part that needs to be clarified
is if it really is "Wikimedia-wide".  Recently, we declined two requests on
Meta to move or transwiki the policy page to Meta because it is labeled as
"Wikimedia-wide official policy", but we denied it because it is not in use
on all of Wikimedia and it appears that it was not intended for use outside
of the English Wikipedia at its creation.  The first statement that it was
used elsewhere was added by an anonymous editor
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Office_Actions
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Office_Actions&diff=935
35379&oldid=93466899> &diff=93535379&oldid=93466899), before that it had
said "official policy on the English Wikipedia".  (Then it changed at least
twice more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Office_Actions
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Office_Actions&diff=994
58664&oldid=97871051> &diff=99458664&oldid=97871051 and
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Office_Actions
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Office_Actions&diff=995
30111&oldid=99458664> &diff=99530111&oldid=99458664).

Anthere and I deduced that it was not really official Wikimedia policy and
could be made to be one of it was approved by either the Board of Trustees
or the future Executive Director.  I for one, would like clarification on
this policy and its stance in Wikimedia.  Everything else, to our knowledge,
has been updated and clarified.

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023