[Foundation-l] Ads or no ads: another pebble in the pond

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:37:21 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When the Wikimedia Foundation has products like a CD or final versions and
we provide them to the world, it will be possible to toggle to the cutting
edge versions that is what we work on. We are much many more benefits if we
provide this ourselves, we can for instance be much more visible in how we
maintain quality. There is no argument I know that makes us have a firewall
between everything that happens in each WMF project and what happens outside
of it. Making artificial distinctions costs us a lot of effort and a lot of
money.

It is also to a large extend not how we do things. We do have inter project
and inter language links. We manage our servers as a whole. With yet another
organisation we will also divorce what we stand for from these resources
that may get us money.

Thanks,
     GerardM