[Foundation-l] A modest proposal: ads on wikipedia.com

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:52:53 UTC 2007

What if we used wikipedia.com (or wikimedia.com, which RDRs to
wikimedia.org which is a portal for our dozen-odd projects) as a
non-editable showcase for stable, featured content from the other
projects. properly tie everything together on a single topic from
wikipedia, wiktionary, wikibooks, wikiquote, wikisource, wikiversity,
wikinews and of course commons. It would be advertising for OURSELVES.

toss in a permanent sitenotice for fundraising, cafepress etc links,
WMF press releases...
Wikimedia World.

Have we tried using it for advertising for ourselves? I mean a huge
chunky donate form, + soft redirect to .org, might encourage people to
both donate, and remember the url correctly. :)

cheers,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise