[Foundation-l] Does "free content" exist in France?

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 15:47:14 UTC 2007

--- Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:

> No matter how free is the image, the author will
> always remain the
> author. That's nothing to do with freeness.

Sorry I missed this comment on first reading.
Authorship is not the moral right in question.  The
question is about the moral rights effecting
derivatives which might be seen as distorting or
mulitating the work or somehow insulting the honor of
the author.  While the definition of freedom says
derivative must be allowed "regardless of the intent
and purpose of such modifications"

Birgitte SB